Sunday, April 1, 2012
Just to Catch Everybody Up.
1. There is still a skipjack in my backyard.
This is because a long long time ago I married her owner. Catch the pronouns.
2. He doesn't look exactly like this anymore. But there are times he can still pull it off.
3. A skipjack is a Big Deal in the rarefied air of Chesapeake Bay Preservationists. A Really Big Deal. And a skipjack is astronomically, insanely and cataclysmic-ally expensive. Really expensive.
4. So a foundation was created.
They clearly need help. If you can help, please visit www.thebaylab.org
5. Meanwhile work continues with a goal of hoisting her back overboard (out of my backyard) this spring.
What follows is a re-cast synopsis of the scary work done in 2010 that ultimately assured the Chesapeake Bay Field Lab which owns the vessel that she would be able to return to service.
Work completed in 2011 is also documented and will begin appearing on this blog at the end of these re-published 2010 videos, photos and stories.